About Mando for Kids, Baltimore
The youth program of the Baltimore Mandolin Orchestra originated by Laura Norris, Joyce Adams, Kitty and Lorin Brown and established in the Spring of 2010.
Mando for Kids is supported by grants from The Classical Mandolin Society of America and The Baltimore Mandolin Orchestra. Thank you!
Mando for Kids is a no cost program run by volunteers. The target is elementary schools. We initially present hands-on workshops and follow up with comprehensive curriculum suitable for group or individual instruction.
- To introduce all elementary school children in North America to the mandolin as a classical instrument.
- To encourage and help each mandolin orchestra registered with the C.M.S.A. to start a Mando for Kids program
- To organize junior orchestras, summer camps, and international exchanges!
- To work with the American String Teachers Association to gain recognition as a classical instrument.
- To have mandolin included in university music education programs.
- To bring teachers of excellence to as many conservatories as possible.